Sunday, July 11, 2010

Short

 

I heard thunder rumbling when I woke up this morning, but it seemed to be off in the distance.  Wanting to get out and do something, anything really, I slipped on my shoes and made my way out for what I thought would be a nice four mile walk, with hopefully a bit of jogging mixed in. 

I wanted to try a 5/1 today (running for minutes, walking for 1), or at least as I could get to it.  I had my knee wrapped and thought I’d be good to go for that.  I started off walking for a few minutes so I wouldn’t completely frighten my muscles.  I got to a slight downhill in my neighborhood and cleverly thought that would be a good place to start the jogging.  It was a nice way to save energy so away I went.  I had been running for a few minutes and enjoying the cool air when I was startled by a very loud crack of thunder.

It wasn’t raining so I kept at it.  That lasted another 5 seconds before I saw a gorgeous lightning strike.  I’m all for things of beauty, but I’m also for not being struck by lightning.  At this point it occurred to me that I needed to get home.  Fortunately I hadn’t gotten too far so I turned around and back home I went.

It started raining some as I was a few blocks from home and when I got there it was a full on thunderstorm.  So only 2.3 miles today, but my pace was good and my knee mostly cooperated.  And most importantly, I did not get struck by lighting.

No comments:

Post a Comment