Saturday, July 24, 2010

Bump in the Road

 

Today I’m not feeling wonderful.  Okay, I’m not even really feeling good.  I’m hurting in a way that is hard to explain and that I’ve just come to know as a ‘Crohn’s Day.’  I hate these days as they get in the way of everything.  It’s a Saturday so my plans were minimal, but if I did have them, they most assuredly would have been cancelled.

I didn’t get out for any substantive training today as I was pretty sure that had I tried, I would have ended up sitting on a picnic table wondering what the odds were that a park ranger would magically appear in a club car to take me back to my car.  Remembering that the first picnic table or bench is a good three miles in on the trail, this didn’t seem like a wise idea. 

The fact that I didn’t get out for a walk to train for a half marathon to raise money for Crohn’s and colitis research because of Crohn’s is some sort of ridiculous irony.  I’m frustrated by it, but I’ll just take that and put it into the steps I can take, always remembering that this isn’t just for me and I’m fortunate to have gotten as well as I have to be able to do this.

But I still hate Crohn’s.  A lot. 

No comments:

Post a Comment