Wednesday, August 4, 2010

Still hot

The last two weeks the temperature has been hovering around 100 degrees before taking the heat index into account.  Add to that some knee pain I am having explored via MRI to rule out anything substantive today, and it's been all inside, all the time.  I'm trying not to get discouraged as I have a lot of time still to go and have already made great progress on the miles.  But when I have no treadmill and I'm not able to consume or retain the calories I need, it gets a little harder.  I have been increasing my water intake so whenever I can get back outside again my body should handle it better.  Until then though, stretching, lifting a bit and keeping my mental progress moving forward. 

I'm chalking this all up to just being another bump in the road.  That bump reminds me why I'm doing this so I suppose it's a good thing.  I suppose.

No comments:

Post a Comment