Wednesday, August 4, 2010

Amazed

I sent out another round of donation emails today, hoping to meet my goal in the not-too-distant future and be able to focus solely on the physical part of things.  Each time I receive a donation I also receive an email.  When my phone buzzes I am normally fairly responsive as aside from my daily noontime junk mail, that buzz generally makes me feel happy,  When the buzz is a donation confirmation email I am always scroll down to see who was kind enough to donate to a worthy cause and who has faith that I can do this.  After I see who, it takes a few more scrolls to see the amount, something which continues to catch me off guard.  But what I love even more is when I get an email or facebook message a few seconds later that gives me a story, the background as to why someone else was moved by all of this and wants to help. 

I received just such a follow up and it made me smile muchly to learn that a childhood camp-mate, and now director of that same camp, is also the director of Camp Oasis in Wisconsin.  Camp Oasis is an amazing thing for kids with IBD, a place where the diagnosis isn't something to hide, and where all the things that go withat diagnosis are understood, acecpted and shared.  What I loved about the email was knowing that other people want to help, want to make a difference for people with IBD, especially kids.

And I love that emails like that remind me that while it might feel like it some of the time, I'm not alone in this fight and I'm not alone when I put the miles in even mine are the only sneaker marks on the trail.

No comments:

Post a Comment